Here at Liberty we understand it is hard for you as carers so we try to offer you the best training and support we can!
To see what training and support we offer – click here (Internal link to page in website)
However in this article we will be discussing the importance of having training and support, such as (give examples)
As you know learning comes from experience therefore along your fostering journey you will come across a few bumps and learning curves but just know that our social work line is open 24/7.
Training enables you to fully familiarise yourself with the issues involved in the care of children and how these may impact on you and your family.
“Fostering for Liberty Foster Care means you are never on your own”
Here are some of the things you may cover:
- Understand the principles and values essential for fostering children and young people
- Understand your role as a foster carer
- Understand health and safety, and health care
- Know how to communicate effectively
- Understand the development of children and young people
- Keep children and young people safe from harm
- Developing yourself
All are just as important as one another, balancing the needs of the child and having time to develop your own professionalism is important and manageable with the right support.